Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hide your spirit in the vine

Its been a year to remember or maybe one I wish I could forget? Satan longs for me to believe that the hardships (loss of relationships, devastation in relationships, pride and self centered seasons) have made the year a wash. That I would believe God cannot redeem my circumstances. He would love for me to believe that the hurting in my heart and the brokenness I feel daily, will not stop, so that it will stimulate doubt and decrease hope in my Father. I can't say it hasn't worked in a year that seems as up and down as I can remember. I can't say there haven't been times when I've poured myself into everything but his presence to try to relieve the aching in my soul, but I can say that God has remained faithful the entire time. Although my soul has been distant and needy, he has never let me go. Do you know what it feels like to continually be loved and pursued despite your fleeing heart and selfish motives? Have you experienced the generosity of a giver when you seem stuck on taking and offering nothing but requests. He never let's go. Thank you Jesus for the hope I can hold onto in you. As the fall wind whips through my window and the word of my father whispers to my heart I can't help but feel the tears welling behind my eyes. Not tears of pain but tears of endless possibilities, tears of joy and restoration. Thank you Father for the way you've taken hold of me and the faithfulness you've shown me. How great it is to be loved by him. How great it is to know that my heart is being made new, being made into his image. How great that His story will prevail and all things will be worked out according to his plan and glory. You're love doesn't cease to amaze me. I will hide my spirit in the vine, where all things work by good design for those who love the Lord. I will seek and I will find, his promises are sure. I'm falling back into the only one who can catch me and the only one who can pick up the broken pieces. I'm learning to be content with the story I've been written into and more importantly learning to trust and rely on the author. He loves me and he has my best interest at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment