Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Flying high

The anticipation of an early morning flight is less than exhilarating. The panic of knowing you have a hard deadline at 6am often causes unnecessary anxiety. After arriving safely (and on time) to my flight there's the thrill of takeoff. Even though I fly about every other week I still get excited to look out the window. The change of perspective is a welcome one. 

Taking off in the deepest darkness to burst through the layer of clouds reveals the stark contrast of sun shade orange and red. It's a moment you realize how small you are and how big your creator is. The details are so numerous my senses are overwhelmed. And I long for these moments. Moments of clarity and calm. On this morning in particular I'm reminded of Gods consistency and his grandeur. 

Flight for me is one of the many places my father speaks to me. He reveals his majesty to me and speaks to longing of my heart. I am so thankful for his companionship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment