Thursday, October 23, 2014

What day is it?

Is it really only Thursday? When the days are so full of life it can be hard to keep track of time. On one hand it feels like it's moving at a pace I can't keep up but on the other I find myself thinking "is it really only Thursday?" 

Monday was one of those days where my eyelids seemed as though they'd gained thirty pounds each (thank God that didn't actually happen). Between waking up with the oldest at 4am and having been up a few times before with some of the other kids, I was struggling to not pass out a my desk. I can hear the water cooler gossip now "have you walked through engagement services? Jonathan is drooling on his computer". While it was a temping choice I powered through the day and like a senior citizen was in bed promptly at 9pm. 

Prior to bed we received a call from our family doctor. Alyvia's initial results came back abnormal with evidence that she is having absence seizures. While it definitely sounds frightening God has really Thiele and I peace. These type of seizures are almost always outgrown and short lived. Typically lasting between 10-30 seconds but capable of happening between 50-100 times a day. Thankfully it doesn't appear that Alyvia is having them frequently. All in all this news was welcome news. The peace that came with it helped me not only get into bed at 9pm but also fall quickly asleep. 

Tuesday came faster than expected as my youngest child decided 5am was rise and shine time. Where do they get their energy? I can drink three cups of coffee and go to bed three minutes later. Any secrets to stay awake (must be legal)? Otherwise a more typical day and thankfully my eyelids lost 15 pounds  each! The evening was a warp speed segment thanks to my packing procrastination. Quickly throwing things in a suitcase and laying out a suit for a 6am flight. Suddenly the realization (and panic) that I had to up and on my way in less than six hours. 

Thankfully my anxiety prepped me to set multiple alarms because I missed the first (sorry to wake you Thiele). Too many people believe business travel is glamorous but I assure you it is more exhausting than glamorous. Get up early, catch a flight, meeting 1, meeting 2, client lunch, meeting 3, meeting 4, client dinner, hotel check in! 17 hours later there are no thoughts just psychosis. 

So this morning I took a break because sleep deprivation my friends is real. It was a beautiful morning to run through NashVegas and soak up the historical sites. A moment to let my mind absorb the healing and resting effects of fresh air. It has been a week to remember and I checked my to phone to confirm it is only Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment