Monday, March 28, 2016

An adventure awaits!

There is a weight to so many decisions in life and seemingly endless consequences but also a great opportunity for adventure if we're open to it. As the immense pressure to find a new home (11 days left here) sits heavily on my back I'm strangely embracing a peace I cannot describe. This was not the case last week as my poor family had to endure my stress induced reactions to everyday life. As a man, as a husband, as a father, I can't help but feel like everything needs to workout perfectly or I'm somehow failing. It's the curse of our need to control every detail and never show weakness or failure. It's a lie and it must be let go. The truth is we're in this together and even bigger than our family the storyteller is weaving in another example of his faithfulness and deep love in our lives. Will we trust the chapter He writes?

The reality is we've never been without. Far beyond our basic needs every detail has always been planned for and provided (and certainly not by me though I've tried (and failed) too many times to count). So now I sit here in His presence and wonder what incredible example of love will we witness? How great a story will we have to tell our grandkids? What adventure lies ahead if we're willing to surrender? 

And so I surrender my anxiety and my need to be in complete control, embracing uncertainty and all the adventure that awaits. As the flowers of spring burst signs of new life so we will move toward something new. Another Generous family move and more fireside stories to share with the next generation. Stories of His great love and all the things he's faithfully revealed as he makes everything new. 


No comments:

Post a Comment