Sunday, March 20, 2016

Can you hear the whispers?

When you grow up in the Midwest it's easy to wonder why the seasons start and end dates were decided as they were. There are many March birthdays I remember with snow on the ground or the occasional snow storm into April yet March brought the introduction to spring. Now as an Atlanta transplant and someone who travels regularly around the country for work these dates make significantly more sense (outside of the Midwest and Northeast). 

Over the last few weeks in Atlanta all of creation has been coming back to life. It began with the earliest bloomers in late February sprouting the most poignant pink blossoms amongst the brown back drop. 
This was just the beginning. As if part of an orchestra with each plant knowing exactly when to put forth their part, other trees began to show signs of life and the music was deafening. Within three weeks all sorts of awakening had taken place and the presence of new life was undeniable. 
It was around this time that I entered into a new decade in my life. Optimistic in the possibilities of life after my twenties I set off on a new workout regimen (that's what adults do, right?) now thirteen days later I can share that habits are forming and real life is happening (obviously not just because I'm running). He has shared plans with me through the whispers and groans of his creation as it awakens. He's invited me to join him on his quest. 

If you know my wife (and you're blessed if you do) than you may know she's a bit of a hippie and a firm believer in mind, body, and spirit health. She's always teaching our family little ways to engage with vegetables or eliminate chemicals we had no idea were present. She's also someone who regularly points to faithfulness and love of Jesus. I'm sure she'd never admit it but the way she lives is one of the most true signs of Christ I know. She is selfless and humble, patient and kind, she listens far more than she speaks and her heart is in tune with the Spirit. I can't imagine my life without her. 

So on this adventure sparked by the deepest longings of my soul and met by the presence of my creator I am amazed at how he is at work. It's evidenced in the awakening of everything around us. Can you hear it? Who do you think tells the flowers to reveal their beauty and the bees to begin their work? The signs of life, power, and sovereignty are undeniable. His kingdom is fast at work, restoring every facet as originally intended and inviting us to take part in the greatest redemption story. Will you join him where he leads you? Can you hear his whisper? He longs for your participation and loves you deeply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment